Monday, April 1, 2013

Punchy Projects...

Kia ora koutou

Well, it has been quite a few busy weeks; completed my Census Collection work for Statistics New Zealand, handed in my first assignment for the Certificate in Small Business Management course, created cards for birthday's, friends, challenges and projects for Monday card classes, my sister Gina and her daughter Tomai came down from Tauranga and stayed a few days (it was lovely to spend time together and catch-up).
One door closes - another opens... I am now looking for a permanent part-time job that is whanau friendly, and fits in with my available hours...sadly I may have to stop teaching Monday card classes, hope not, fingers and toes crossed!!!


Monday Card Class Projects

 Easter


Oh yes we were busy, but it was good fun.  We made a goodies satchel, card and basket, we decorated the back of the satchel with a cute newly hatched chick - my subtle introduction to our next Monday card class doing 'punch art' cards.
I learnt how to make the basket from Rachel Ricks, click here for the link to her website.  I altered the size of the basket and changed it to a single handle.

Punch Art Cards

Cute pram card - cased it.  This card has been made by so many others, I don't know who to credit?
I used from a nest of scalloped circle dies - the third large die.  Cut a quarter wedge out.  Decorated the hood front and halfway across the whole pram with lacy border punched strips.  Punched out two 1"circles for the wheels and decorated with two punched out hearts.  Hand-cut the pram handle...Voile, a very cute pram.


...Lollipop, lollipop, oh lolly lollipop...Very simple concept and very effective.  
I used my 1 3/4" Circle Punch, punched out four orange circles and four white circles. Alternating the colours, I overlapped each circle about a half an inch - making sure they intersected at the center.  You end up with a scalloped circle, I used a medium circle die to cut away the scalloped edge.  I rolled a strip of white card for the lollipop stick.


Awww, cute...
I took the basic idea for this card from Lisa Bullock, click here for her tutorial.  I have made up a template for this cute pink, heart giving teddy, if you would like a copy, please email me at; kerianneh@gmail.com

Talking about teddy bear, reminds me of an Elvis Presley song 'Teddy Bear', great song - another great song of his 'Return to Sender', click here for the You Tube link  :)


....A derrrrr moment....

Okay, we've all had one (a derrrrr moment), haven't we?  It's the moment I realise that I just did something unnecessarily stupid!  That is when I say to myself, "doh what a dick!" lol...
Anyway, I mentioned in my previous post that I was challenged to do a card swap with my Stampin' Up! buddy's.  I was like, yes it is on!  The instructions were to make up four kits, as there is four of us that get together every second Sunday.  So with heaps of inspiration and gusto, I went forth into a card-making frenzy and created the most technical, but beautiful masterpiece I have ever made (in my opinion).  I got so carried away, I made  all four cards and forgot they were supposed to be kits and I was to demonstrate how to make them.  Sorry Carol, Shane and Sandra - next time I will get it right :)

Beautiful Butterflies


Stamps - Apothecary Art, Hello Doily, Priceless, Sandy Speckle; wheel
Ink - Versamark, Tangerine Tango, Real Red, Rich Razzleberry
Card - Whisper White, Real Red, Rich Razzleberry.
Accessories - Sizzix Bigz Beautiful Butterflies, Framelits Label Collection, Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, 5mm Corner Punch, White Satin Ribbon, Purple Crepe Paper, White Tissue Paper, Silver Embossing Powder, Rhinestones, Dimensionals.


Thank you for looking, hope you checkout my next post...

Ka kite ano
BCH Stampin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

loooooooooove your cards etc miss you heaps xo

Unknown said...

Thank you Lyn, I miss you heaps too xo <3

Pin It button on image hover